Even by the usual standards, 2016 has been a busy, eventful year, for Alberta and for our team at Emphasize Design. While reflecting about all that has happened in the world of web design and online marketing, I find that it’s vital to always keep one eye on the future.
And I’d like to help you do the same, for your business. It’s time to lay out 10 online marketing and web design New Year’s Resolutions for 2017, with a big assist from the rest of our Calgary team at ED.
A Perfect 10: Make the Right New Year’s Resolutions, and Hit the Ground Running in 2017
- Always Start with Why: Simon Sinek’s book, Start With Why (and his very popular Ted Talk), explains that inspirational leaders connect with their audience by explaining the why behind their motivations. The same concept applies to your marketing, which is why we always start with why.
- Make Use of Usability Testing: The user experience is a huge factor in the success of any website, and usability testing is [a vital tool for understanding how real users see your website]. And it’s not just about finding flaws. Usability also helps you determine what’s working well, and how you can build on those positives to further improve your website.
- Be Social, Not Un-Social: Yes, you will occasionally run into a-holes on social media, but you run into those in daily life, too. The trick to succeeding with social is learning how to deal with the negative, while making the most of the many positive interactions you’re sure to experience.
- Make Changes when Necessary, but Avoid Hasty Decisions: It’s so easy to chase the trends, but discipline pays off in the long run. If you’re looking to improve your content marketing, it’s all about testing, testing, and testing some more. Be patient, learn as much as you can, and always try to make informed decisions.
- Stay Up to Date on Website Maintenance: Maintenance isn’t the flashiest aspect of website design, but it’s definitely one of the most important. Set a high standard – and address small issues before they become big ones – by staying on top of your website maintenance in 2017.
- Get to Know Your Audience Better than Ever: One of the biggest benefits of online marketing is how much you’re able to learn about the people viewing your website, if you’re willing to make the effort. There are many ways to learn more about your audience, whether through analytics data, direct outreach, or even informal conversations on social channels. Find their why, and your marketing will be better for it.
- Learn the Basics of Analytics: Learning how to interpret website analytics is understandably an intimidating prospect for many business owners. The truth is that it’s easier than it seems, and there are free resources available to help you with the process. Understanding analytics is key to online success.
- Provide the Content Your Audience Wants: This goes right along with getting to know your audience, because you have to know what your audience wants in order to provide it. Create effective online content by researching your audience, reading other content in your niche, and always offering substance to go with your style.
- Cultivate a Creative Workplace: Creativity is rarely a happy accident, and the best ideas tend to come from conducive environments. To cultivate a creative workplace, employees need a secure way to share ideas, a team-first environment, and an office culture that emphasizes collaboration.
- Surround Yourself with the Best People Possible: The most successful people are often those who surround themselves with the brightest, most dedicated people they can find. Surround yourself with the best people by asking the right questions, understanding what you’re looking for, and knowing when to cut bait if things simply aren’t working out.
Web Design Services From Emphasize of Calgary
With a new year comes new opportunities for success, so now is the perfect time to put the focus on your web design and online marketing with an eye on the future. We hope our resolutions provide a strong foundation for growing your Calgary business, and help you make 2017 your best year yet.
Our website design and online marketing team at Emphasize Design of Calgary is excited to help your business ring in the new year. Learn more about our website design services, or get started today with a free web design quote from our team.