Given the visual and technological bang you get from a dynamic website, online marketing may seem expensive, but marketing your Calgary business in the digital world is really quite affordable. Small and mid-size businesses now have access to the same production value and quality that used to be reserved only for big corporations. The key to the affordability of online marketing is that it never is one-size-fits-all.
Online marketing campaigns can scale to fit your business, and your budget. You can alter your plan over time, and allocate your resources to the tactics that work best for you. Most local businesses benefit from a healthy mix of marketing tactics that are put together just for them.
Affordable Online Marketing to Generate Leads on a Budget
There are inexpensive options in every area of online marketing, but a few tactics will generate the best return on your investment. One common theme is that most of these tactics allow you to start small and build based on your results, so you can invest your marketing budget where it will make the most difference for your Calgary business.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is the perfect place to start, because the amount you invest is entirely up to you. You can purchase PPC ads to be placed on high-profile online properties, and target to the exact audience you aim to reach. The option to set a daily budget ensures that you’ll never spend more than you plan.
- Social media is a bit different, because doing it right requires a long-term commitment. A beautiful Facebook page is a great marketing tool, but only if someone is there to respond to the interest that it generates. The good news is that it doesn’t cost much to get started with social media, and the long-term investment pays off exponentially.If you have someone capable of managing your social presence over time, the whole process is actually quite affordable. Even without in-house management, you can still find effective social marketing without breaking the bank.
- Endorsements are a simple, cost-effective ways to generate online interest in your business. For small and mid-size businesses, it’s typically best to look local for endorsements. You don’t necessarily need to look for a celebrity in the traditional sense, either. A local blogger with a large social media following, for example, can be an excellent endorser.
- Along the same lines, look for opportunities to create guest blog posts that reach your target audience. Again, local-centric blogs are great for this purpose. You might offer a guest post on your blog in return, or another incentive related to your business.
- If your products or services require instruction, videos will save your customer service staff a ton of headaches. While a video costs more than a blog post to produce up front, it will ultimately save you time and money.
- Your content is a powerful marketing tool, with great staying power. Whitepapers and eBooks demonstrate your expertise, and work well as incentives to draw prospects deeper into your marketing funnel. Quality long-form content can often be reused for future marketing incentives with minimal editing, providing a strong return on your investment.
Your results will depend on which tactics you choose, and how you use them. Affordable online marketing schemes will earn you anywhere from 50 to several hundred fresh leads per month. Grow your Calgary business at every step of the process, from marketing to conversion, with Emphasize.
Put affordable online marketing to work for your business with Emphasize Design of Calgary. We have the tools and expertise to earn you more leads on any budget.