Analytics provides a valuable tool that allows you to make informed decisions based on endless layers of data acquired through the usage patterns of your website visitors. The best part is that the data comes from your business, so you don’t have to work from assumptions based on the experience of anyone else.
What are Analytics?
Analytics can be an intimidating topic if you’re not familiar with the process. It helps to look at it like the science experiments that you did in high school. You performed an action, then measured and recorded the results. Every aspect of your Internet marketing plan, from social media to blogs, and even email campaigns, generates data that you can measure. Analyzing that data can provide you with important insights into what’s working for your business, and what isn’t.
The best part is that when analytics highlight something that isn’t working as well as it could be, the data will also often reveal what steps you need to take to correct the issue. And it’s not all about looking at the negative, either! Analytics will also show what you’re doing right, and allow you to apply those lessons to the rest of your business practises.
Putting Analytics to Work for Your Small Business
Emphasize Design makes integrating analytics easy for your small business. We do all of the work “under the hood,” and provide you with easy-to-digest monthly reports on all of the key elements of your Internet marketing. It’s revealed which posts, pages and links are performing best, and which could use some improvement. Nearly every aspect of your business can be measured, and we’ll help you understand the numbers that are most important to you.
Even the most basic website hosting service will offer some useful analytics about who visits your site, which pages they look at, and where they found your site. This information is vital when you’re making major web design choices, and it also applies to small-scale changes like new blog posts or page content.
- Search engine optimization works hand-in-hand with analytics. The type of content you post and the keywords you choose should always be selected with analytics in mind to ensure maximum reach.
- Consulting the data will help you more effectively target your pay-per-click advertising and your social media outreach.
- Smart content development allows you to provide customers with valuable information that helps build relationships. Analytics will show you what sort of content works best for your audience.
- If you use customer relationship management (CRM) software, then you already have one great analytics tool in place. We’ll weave the information available from your CRM with your analytics to provide one seamless package measuring all of your online activity.
- If you’d like to apply the benefits of analytics to a marketing component we haven’t touched on here, don’t worry. If it involves your website and its functionality, there’s a very good chance that it can be measured and evaluated. We’ll walk you through the process of collecting data, and show you how to analyze it so that you can always aim for constant improvement.
Emphasize Design makes analytics easy by cutting out the noise to provide you with the data you truly need to keep your Calgary business running strong. We put the systems in place to collect the data you need, and present it in a format that allows you to make an informed decision. Contact our team to learn more about analytics, and how data can contribute to the success of your business.