Bringing your website to life will require a few different types of content, each of which plays an important role.
- Page content comprises what you would expect to remain relatively stable over a long period, like your About Us page or service descriptions.
- Landing page content is designed to move the reader to action, with the help of a special offer or informational resource as incentive.
- Your blog is the perfect place to dispense valuable advice, connect with customers, and create content that will be shared on social media or elsewhere.
Emphasize Design of Calgary covers all of your website design and content development needs. In addition to delivering creative content that your readers will love, we use the latest search engine optimization (SEO) techniques to ensure a high search ranking for your business. Creating effective content requires a comprehensive approach, and we make sure that everything is working towards achieving your goals.
Page Content is Key to Your Website and Search Ranking
Your page content will be seen by more readers than any other content on your site, and getting it right is vital. Ideally, you want page content that will last a while. It can be edited and updated if needed, but you won’t constantly be adding new stuff, as you might choose to do with your blog.
- The first step is picking the right pages! Most business websites should include around 10 pages, when all is said and done, with a maximum of seven in your main navigation. Sites that include an e-commerce section will likely have a few more.
- How you organize your content matters, too. When a reader clicks an internal link to learn more about a topic, it’s important to make sure they’re greeted with content that’s relevant.
- Attribution is important when you use outside resources to research your content. If you use information from an outside source, cite the author and where the article originated. By doing so, you cover all your bases, and the article may even earn an inbound link.
- Choosing the right keywords for your content is required for successful SEO. We’ll help you choose targeted keywords, so you rank well for the phrases that people use most often to search for businesses like yours.
Landing Pages Lead to More Conversions
Landing pages work to offer an appealing way to engage your customers on a deeper level. When a visitor clicks through to a landing page, it’s usually because an interesting link or an exciting offer caught their eye. The landing page is where they follow through on that interest, often by providing contact information in exchange for something of value. A well-developed landing page makes it easy, and engaging, for the customer to take the all-important next step to conversion.
- The layout of your landing pages makes a big difference in whether you attain the desired results. Leave out anything that may distract the reader from your offer. Be concise in describing your proposal, and make the sign-up form as quick and painless as possible.
- When crafting a landing page, it’s especially important to use clear terms. Describe your offer, how the reader will benefit, and how to sign up. Use an appealing photo related to your offer to tie a nice visual bow on the presentation.
- The last and most important element in creating an effective landing page is the call-to-action (CTA). So you have their attention…now what are you going to do with it? You want the reader to opt-in by filling out your web form, and a clear, appealing CTA is the final, crucial piece that encourages them to take the next step.
Creating a Vibrant, Engaging Blog
The biggest difference between blogging and other types of content is your blog should be updated often. If you commit to having a blog, you’ll want to stick to a regular posting schedule as much as possible. The goal is to keep readers coming back for more, and doing so requires a steady supply of fresh, valuable content. Your blog also presents an opportunity to engage readers more directly, and show off the personality that helps your business thrive.
- Blogging is much more than a tool for generating traffic. Lead conversion doesn’t just happen – it’s the result of you earning the trust of your customer so that they are willing to invest in your product. Your blog should function as an example of how well people can expect to be treated in person.
- If you like to consume content online, then you know that wading into comments sections can be risky business. Administrating your blog effectively requires a willingness to consider constructive criticism, and equal willingness to delete rude, inappropriate, or spammy comments.
- Of course, your blog also needs to be interesting! Rely on your expertise to touch on relevant topics that you know well, and that will offer value for your readers. Planning your content in advance will help you keep a steady supply of fresh topics.
Whether you need a blog, page content, landing pages, or the whole package, Emphasize Design has the expertise to deliver consistent, high-quality content. Contact us to learn more about effective content development as a piece of your online marketing puzzle, and how we can help your Calgary business shine online.