Maybe you know about Search Engine Optimization (SEO), maybe not. But what you need to know is the importance of being ranked within the search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. The higher your ranking the better chance you have of a potential client finding you and viewing what you have to offer as a business. It’s hard to sell a product and/or service online if your potential client doesn’t even know you exist.
The information below conveys how mission-critical, good rankings are to online marketing.
SOURCE: MARKETSHARE.HITSLINK.COM, OCTOBER 2010
Key Concepts and Statistics
- Worldwide, we conduct 88,000,000,000 searches per month on Google. (4)
- 70% of the links search users click on are organic—not paid. (5)
- 46% of daily searches are for info on products or services. (6)
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results. (7)
If your business is not ranking well for the words that describe your products and services, then you’re not getting found for them by potential customers either. Do your research on search engine optimization and invest the time and money needed to get ranked for what you do. Your business success online depends on it!
Sources, Unless Cited:
(4) SEARCH ENGINE LAND, FEBRUARY 2010
(5) MARKETINGSHERPA, FEBRUARY 2007
(6) SRI, October 2010
(7) MARKETSHARE.HITSLINK.COM, OCTOBER 2010