Are you blogging? Maybe you are, but you’re not doing so frequently enough or in a way that maximizes SEO. Or maybe you’re not because time is an issue. No matter the reason, a website without a fully-optimized blog is poorly positioned to drive traffic and leads.
“Blogging?… is a huge part of search engine optimization. Always remember, on the world wide web content is king!”
SOURCE: HUBSPOT, STATE OF INBOUND MARKETING LEAD GENERATION
Key Concepts and Statistics
- Nearly 40%of US companies use blogs for marketing purposes. (8)
- B2C companies that blog generate 88% more leads per month than those who do not. (9)
- B2B companies that blog generate 67% per month than those who do not. (9)
- 2/3 of marketers say their company blog is “critical” or “important” to their business. (10)
Prospects, customers and search engines all love the content generated through blogging: prospects because it helps them understand what your customers do; your customers because it helps them stay up to date with your offerings and thought leadership; and search engines because each post represents another page that they can index for a specific topic and feed to others searching that phrase.
Sources, Unless Cited:
(8) EMARKETER, AUGUST 2010
(9) HUBSPOT, STATE IF INBOUND MARKETING LEAD GENERATION REPORT, 2010
(10) HUBSPOT, STATE OF INBOUND MARKETING REPORT 2011