There’s no doubt that online marketing is a powerful tool to grow your business, but the process isn’t automatic. To get it right, you need to pick a marketing team that understands your vision, and has the skills to achieve your goals.
When we’re looking to identify new marketing talent, there are always a few key qualities we try to identify in candidates, and many of those should also apply in your search for the right team to lead your online marketing efforts. So let’s learn more about how to find your ideal marketing team, and how doing so will help you grow your Calgary business online.
Look for Learners
Online marketing is a rapidly evolving field, and has been from the start. The best marketers are willing to embrace change, and eager to learn about the next exciting tool coming down the pipeline. A marketing team that loves to learn will naturally stay on top of the latest trends, and offer a more diverse set of marketing solutions.
- Your marketing plan is a complex puzzle, requiring skills like search engine optimization (SEO), social media, web design, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, and more. A team that embraces learning is more likely to offer all of the services you need, all in one place.
- Simply put, you want a marketing team that enjoys what they do. Engagement is one of the biggest keys to success in marketing, and in any career.
Strike a Balance Between Strategy and Tactics
The most successful online marketers keep one eye on the present, and one eye focused on your long-term goals. In basic terms, strategy refers to your long-term planning, while tactics are the day-to-day tools that your team uses to reach those goals. It’s about having a vision and a plan.
- If the long-term strategy is simply to earn more business online, begin by identifying the best tactics to generate quality leads. In order to convert those leads, move on to the next set of tactics.
- That leaves the final, most important step of closing your customers. When your strategy and tactics work in harmony, the results speak for themselves.
Consider Culture and Creativity
Marketing is hard work, but it can also be a lot of fun! When your team enjoys their work, that positive attitude comes across in your online marketing. Creativity tends to thrive in welcoming, friendly environments, so a positive, responsive marketing team is better equipped to develop creative solutions to your biggest challenges.
- Every business can benefit by having a winning culture, and marketing is no exception. It’s a team effort, where different areas of expertise overlap to create and execute an effective marketing plan.
- A winning culture also leads to more creativity in the workplace. In addition to yielding solutions to tough challenges, creativity also allows your online marketing team to anticipate future challenges and address them in advance.
Many of the qualities we’ve covered will be familiar to you if you handle the hiring at your Calgary business. We all try to look for employees who are creative, thoughtful, and work well as members of a larger team. The tools of online marketing may be different, but the traits of success are the same. When searching for your online marketing team, don’t settle for less than the best.
Are you searching for the right team to lead your online marketing? Look no further! Emphasize Design of Calgary will help you earn more leads for less cost, and we’ll always do it with a smile.