It is important for you to understand that original content is what will generate more traffic. Content creation must be a continuous process and needs to be updated on a regular basis. Remember that if your website is stagnant for long periods of time, people may assume you aren’t in business anymore.
Key Concepts and Statistics
- Blogging results in a 55% increase in website visitors. (3)
- Search engines like fresh content, which will increase your number of indexed pages.
- People like fresh content.
- Companies that blog have 2x as many twitter followers than those that don’t. (4)
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links than those that don’t. (4)
- Original Content Vehicles
BLOG, Podcasts, Presentations, News Releases,
Video Content (YouTube Channel), Photos (Flicker), eBooks
Source: HubSpot, 100 Awesome Marketing Stats,
Charts and Graphs for You, 2011
Original content is your website’s messenger; it will inform your prospects on what you do, and how passionately you do it. With a vast array of formats to create content on, you should always be continuously contributing original content to keep your prospects engaged and constantly interacting with your website.
Sources, Unless Cited:
(3) Hubspot, 2010
(4) HubSpot, State of Inbound Marketing Lead Generation Report, 2010