Do you know if your website is mobile friendly? Chances are, if it was designed more than a couple years ago and hasn’t been updated recently, it isn’t. And according to copyblogger.com, without responsive web design you are missing out on 1.7 billion mobile Internet users around the world.
Considering that in 2012, transit use in this city reached more than 100 million rides, and that each three-car C-Train can carry up to 600 people, anyone with a website that is interested in maintaining or even boosting their overall Calgary SEO results should considering streamlining their site. There are an awful lot of people who pass their down time trying to get to work or back home in relative peace with the help of their mobile device.
Can All Websites Be Made Mobile-Friendly?
The advantages of using website development software such as WordPress http://wordpress.com/ are numerous, but a popular “plus” for designers is that they are generally quite simple to automate for mobile devices. WordPress has several plug-ins available that were designed for exactly this purpose, which work to make your site mobile-friendly from the very first page you create.
HTML sites can be a touch trickier to be made to show up properly on a mobile device. If your graphics were designed in pixels, then you may have a problem. These days it’s far more common to forego pixels in lieu of percentages. For example, a banner header that takes up the entire width of the page would be sized at 100 per cent. If there are four columns underneath, then they should each be sized at 25 per cent.
Features of Mobile Friendly Websites For Your Calgary SEO
- First of all, make your navigation big, bold and easy to find. Remember that most devices require the user to touch the option they want, and so the links should be large enough to tap easily.
- Search engines make a difference, too. Depending on which one the user has chosen for their device, it can be harder to “go back” a page than just hitting the “back” arrow in your browser window. You’re going to want to make sure your navigation is properly labelled and leads where people most likely want to go.
- Images are great, but they can eat up the physical space on mobile devices quite greedily. If you have a lot of images on a page, make sure they will format themselves properly for a mobile device, and that their details will still be visible. An image that’s nothing but a blob can do more harm than good for your Calgary SEO.
- Also consider that your font for your content should be dark and big enough to be read easily in dim light. Quite often people browse their phone in areas that are not that well lit.
- Finally, your mobile site is where your headlines matter the most. Do your best to encompass the meaning of the page into its title so that the people who scan only can still get the gist of your page content.
Emphasize Design of Calgary: Services
As with all things Internet, adaptability is key. All of the websites Emphasize Design creates are responsive and easy to navigate. Our goal is to help small businesses succeed in Calgary, and SEO is just one of the services we offer. We specialize in Attracting, Converting and Closing qualified online leads with inbound marketing methods that work.