Business marketing these days requires developing a trustworthy online presence. And because a lot of companies use intranets and websites to organize their operations, and most people are personal users of the Internet as well, a lot of us can certainly qualify ourselves as “armchair experts” on the basics of building an attractive, robust website that is responsive and user-friendly. And we’re not afraid to make our opinions known! It’s true that a properly implemented, .html streamlined, completely optimized website can get you lots of traffic, yes, but to the business owner it doesn’t mean a lot if don’t know who those individuals are and how to reach out to them to make a sale.
A website can do a lot more than just exist somewhere out there. Having your website professionally designed and managed by Emphasize Design in Calgary could mean the difference between your business surviving and thriving. Your website can actually be the most powerful prospecting and marketing tool your business has!
Your website design in Calgary can be a great way to prioritize your business mandate. When you contact Emphasize for our services and we begin the process of your website design (or redesign), we will also begin asking questions about what you would like to most highlight about your services, what you think is most important about what you do and how you think your product or service can help people in the end. And then the real work begins.
Five Steps of Website Design By Calgary’s Emphasize
- We start with your url. Your domain name is very important. It’s a bit like a postal code…it’s the first thing search engines recognize when categorizing your website, and also the way people can look you up directly if they happen to have the address. Ideally, your url should as closely match the name of your business as possible, if (hopefully) your business name provides a good description of your services. For example, a business known as “Andy’s Auto” that is not a mechanic, but actually a parts dealer, should consider “andysautoparts.com” as their domain name. There are other factors as well, such as whether or not you would like to target a specific location or city. To use Andy as an example again, if he would like to focus on Calgary only, then he might want to test out “andysautopartscalgary.com”.
- Next comes the look of your site. We can take your current Calgary company branding and incorporate it into your new website design easily. We don’t need to re-invent the wheel to get you up and running! That said, however, we can fix that wheel up a little to make it run faster. We make your branding Internet-friendly and optimized.
- Your website design should truly represent what you are trying to achieve as a company, your philosophy and your customer approach. The way web pages are laid out is called “site navigation”, and this is where your website designer’s experience comes into play. Your site’s navigation largely depends on what you have to offer, and your designer can explain why some choices are better for you than others.
- Another part of navigation is your choice of pages. Full-service inbound marketing companies such as Emphasize Design also provide content specialists, who are essentially experts at writing for the web. Your content specialist helps provide the foundation for your website to which your design is then applied. They will suggest an outline of essential pages to begin building upon, and begin to apply a human voice to your site through the written word. As successful as graphics and images are for gaining attention, nothing beats effective writing for really getting the point across.
- At this point, we have all the necessary elements together for your website design. We have your look, your framework, your content and your address. It’s time to open shop and start making your site work for you! This is where the expertise of Emphasize comes in.
Get Inbound With Your Website Design
Understanding inbound is where all the pieces come together. A strong website design is a very good start, but you can push its content and functions farther to bring in business all day, every day. Calgary’s Emphasize Design can apply a number of marketing techniques to your website design, including pay-per-click advertising, social media marketing, calls-to-action, landing pages and more. Inbound marketing is the most cost-effective and reliable way to gain leads today.