Having active social media accounts on platforms like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn is no longer a ‘nice to have’ – it’s a ‘must have’.
“Nearly 2/3 of US Internet users regularly use a social network.”
SOURCE: EMARKETER, FEBRUARY 2011
Key Concepts and Statistics
- 93% of US adult Internet users are on Facebook. (11)
- Marketers who spent 6 hours a week or more using social media and engaging/sharing content on it saw 52% more leads than those who did not. (12)
- Companies that use Twitter average double the amount of leads per month than those that do not. (9)
- Both B2C & B2B companies are acquiring customers through Facebook.
- More than 1/3 of marketers say Facebook is “critical” or “important” to their business. (10)
Social media is an effective way to not only create exposure for your business online, but it is a proven way to significantly engage with prospects and generate leads.
Sources, Unless Cited:
(9) HUBSPOT, STATE IF INBOUND MARKETING LEAD GENERATION REPORT, 2010
(10) HUBSPOT, STATE OF INBOUND MARKETING REPORT 2011
(11) BLOGHER, APRIL 2011
(12) SOCIAL MEDIA EXAMINER, 2011